The Laboratory Assistant will maintain an AIDS
specimen bank and execute the research clinical trials in the
laboratory. In this role you will handle, label and ship specimens so that
accurate results are produced and will be responsible for laboratory
maintenance and ordering of supplies.
• Knowledge of medical and scientific terminology.
• Ability to organize and keep accurate records.
• Ability to obtain and maintain all UCLA and other certifications required for patient confidentiality, IBC., and any others required by policy or protocol
• Ability to conduct assays up to BSL-3/2 conditions.
• Ability to read and understand protocols in English order to order the necessary supplies needed.
• Ability to maintain and respond to any alarm situations.
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Universal Precautions for handling biohazardous materials
• Skill at being organized and maintaining a clean lab
• Knowledge of lab safety and handling of biohazardous waste
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.