Play a key role with a world-class health system. Deliver outstanding pharmaceutical leadership that makes award-winning patient care possible. Make the most of your unique abilities. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
You will perform a wide range of functions, including preparing and dispensing medications and ensuring compliance with established policies governing the safe, consistent, and accurate dosing and administration of medication. You will evaluate and manage clinically significant drug-drug and drug-disease interactions, making appropriate recommendations. You will:
1. Using innovation, creativity, and a comprehensive understanding of pharmacist best practices, meet the competing demands of health care stakeholders for pharmacist-managed clinical programs.
2. Understand and interpret research protocols as pertains to pharmacy practice. Critically evaluate the pharmacist’s role to ensure it is an appropriate utilization of resources, contributes new and novel findings to the medical literature, and seeks to demonstrate a positive outcome from the use of pharmacists in patient care.
3. Work effectively in multidisciplinary settings and communicate effectively with providers.
4. Utilize shared decision making and motivational interviewing skills to assist patients with chronic disease management
5. Develop collaborative clinical and operational guidelines/pathways for integration into electronic health record in collaboration with Pharmacy leadership.
6. Participate in meetings with UC collaborative groups, task forces, committees, and other ambulatory operational needs.
7. Perform needs assessments to guide program development, evaluating the possible benefit of drug information, anti-coagulation, transitions of care, hospice, pain management, and other clinical programming
We’re seeking a strong, independent leader with a current California Pharmacist license and:
· PharmD degree
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and prioritizing skills
· Ability to perform age-specific and disease-specific pharmacokinetic calculations
· Proficiency in side effect, anticoagulation, hypertension, palliative care, motivational interviewing, symptom and pain management
· Ability to prepare intravenous admixtures and other sterile products
· Skill in writing articles/monographs/emails
· Proficiency in all aspects of electronic medical records
· Ability to provide evidence-based recommendations for symptom management.
· Ability to interact sensitively with patients, their families, and the public in a high-volume setting
· Skill in performing with frequent interruptions/distractions
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· EPIC/Care Connect proficiency a plus
· BPS Board certification preferred
· Completion of PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency is highly desirable
· Advanced Practice Pharmacist (APh) licensure preferred
Named #1 in California and #3 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, UCLA Health features four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary/specialty care practices and urgent care centers throughout Southern California as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.