Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Main Campus Jackson
Assistant Director Pharmacy- Specialty Pharmacy- Ambulatory Services
Responsible for the over-all direction, control, and evaluation of the services and personnel of the pharmacy in accordance with departmental and hospital goals and policies. Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the departments goals, assigned services, and related activities.
To provide leadership, direction and management to pharmacy services, ensuring optimal service. To assist the director of pharmacy in the implementation, development and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe cost effective drug therapies.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. from accredited school/College of Pharmacy.
Preferred: ASHP accredited residency. Advance degree (MBA, MS Pharmacy with management emphasis).
Must be licensed as a pharmacist in the state of Mississippi.
Prefer active membership in American Society of Hospital Pharmacists and its state affiliate.
Five (5) years pharmacy experience or the completion of a pharmacy residency and two (2) years experience.
Three (3) years management experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Licensed as a Pharmacist in Mississippi or eligible for licensure. Must be licensed in Mississippi prior to hire date.
Possession of a controlled substance license or eligible for licensure. Must be licensed prior to hire date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology. Knowledge of pharmaceutical calculations, record keeping and techniques, laws and ethics. Knowledge of drugs, indications and contraindications, dosing side effects, and proper administration. Use of personal computers and software. Communication skills, verbal and written, math skills, spelling skills, and interpersonal skills. Ability to train, motivate, supervise and manage employees.
- Provides support and direction to the director of pharmacy and staff within applicable areas, and assumes all responsibility in the absence of the director. Confers with the director of pharmacy on short and long range goals for the department including annual budget and capitol equipment expenditures.
- Assists in the supportive role of pharmacist if needed after hours and weekends.
- Implements departmental policies, relevant to department operations. Assists in planning new concepts in drug distribution and control in accordance with established hospital policy, state and/ or federal regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates departmental operations and establishes quality controls, checks, and improvements within applicable areas.
- Oversees development, implementation and treatment guidelines.
- Supervises activities of pharmacy and pharmacy staff with regards to orientation and continuing education projects.
- Schedules staff work schedules including vacation, holidays and leave time. Oversees evaluations for staff including competency.
- Collaborates and mentors pharmacy residents. Assists in the pharmacy residency program.
- Prepares reports for presentation to various committees, director of pharmacy and senior leaders.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):