Area of primary assignment will be painting and drywall repair of various buildings at Tidelands Health facilities. Additional assignments or tasks could include: general maintenance, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, steam fitting, communications, refrigeration, carpentry/painting, electronics, mechanical and general repairs. May perform other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions & Requirements:
- Must have a valid SC driver’s license with not more than two minor violations or one major and one minor, and no DUI or reckless driving in the past three years.
- It is expected that work schedule can be flexible in order to meet changing work situations, which would include but not be limited to hurricanes, ice storms, power outages and various other types of disasters or critical hospital utility failures.
- May be exposed to biohazards.
- Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
- Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment.
- Works in precarious or high locations (ladders, scaffolding, etc.)
- Exposed to hot or noisy equipment.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquires.
Hours of Work:
- Primarily Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM or 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday – Thursday but days/hours will flex based on the need of the department.
- Overtime would be required as needed.
- May be required to take “on-call” in rotation with other mechanics at the discretion of the Director or Supervisor.
- Weekends: Required as needed.
- A minimum of (4) four years recent experience as a Painter.
- Trade or technical school certificate or Related formal apprenticeship or other documented education as a painter or related trade.
- May substitute (3) additional years of specialized experience for a total of (7) seven years’ experience for the required education. High School Graduate required.
- Ability to communicate with employees and the general public.
- Ability to complete job assignments with little supervision and numerous interruptions.
- Ability to perform various physical tasks including walking, climbing, lifting, stooping and other physical activities.
- Ability to read and interpret technical instruction documents.
- Various types of hand and power tools and equipment
- Various small and large tools
- Stepladders, extension ladders, scaffolding and other job related equipment
- The employee may have access to areas where medications are stored and job functions may include working around medications during the maintenance and upkeep processes of certain equipment. If these job functions are required, the employee will receive competency training specifically on this item.
Physical Requirements: Medium-Heavy Physical Agility Test (PAT) Rating
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 35 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 15 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Utilize specialized skills to perform maintenance and repair of various buildings and equipment at Tidelands Health facilities.