At Olivia Hospital & Clinic, we’ve been providing exceptional health care for our communities since 1951. Today, our combined hospital and clinic campus, as well as our nearby clinic locations, allows us to offer comprehensive health services close to home.
Olivia Hospital & Clinic is a Level IV Trauma Center, a 5-Star Patient Rated Hospital and has been recognized for superior performance in quality and patient safety. We’re known for our dedication to personalized patient care and clinical excellence, ensuring the best experience for every patient we serve. But most of all, we’re known for being the friendly faces you can turn to for the care your family needs.
In 2020, Olivia Hospital & Clinic, formerly RC Hospital & Clinics, joined the HealthPartners family, connecting us to a comprehensive care system. Being a part of something bigger means we’re able to connect you to specialized care from many doctors in our health group.
• Master's Degree in Hospital Administration, Business Administration or a healthcare related field OR Master’s Degree in process with an anticipated completion date.
• Experience: Ten (10) years of senior management experience (Departmental Director or above), five (5) of which are as a top level executive (Vice President or above).
• Requires extensive professional and technical knowledge of health care delivery systems, Hospital management and related areas.
• Knowledge of marketing, finance, quality, change management and risk assessment.
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities which are required but are typically learned on the job include changes in health care laws and policies and changes in governmental and legislative processes.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of management, physicians, employees, business, government and community officials and the general public.
• Skill in maintaining effective medical staff relations, governing board relations, interpersonal skills, communications, strategic and financial planning, and leadership.
• Skill in problem solving, negotiations, and issue identification in employee situations.
• Ability to direct and manage within a large organization and ability to integrate and harmonize diversified managerial functions involved in the operations, support and administration of a large health care organization.
• Ability to organize, plan, execute, control and evaluate programs and activities of a hospital with multiple constituencies.
• Ability to develop and administer organizational philosophy and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to implement physician recruitment efforts.
• Leads on environment where customer orientation in providing healthcare services is a central philosophy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Team building skills and the ability to effectively gain consensus among multiple constituencies.
• An assertive risk-taker who can be sensitive to the expectations of the board, medical staff and members of the management team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.