In this role, you will assist in patient treatment for the acute care area. Additionally, you will be responsible for departmental and equipment maintenance, clerical duties, and other activities as directed. The Rehab Aide may assist both PT and OT staff, and may work with patients on any service in the hospital as needed. May assist with weekend/holiday coverage, as needed
- BLS from AHA or ARC
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff from varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to work as a member of the team, including sharing knowledge, giving and receiving feedback, taking initiative to assist others, problem solving and providing an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions including word processing programs and online mail systems.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy a plus.
- Ability to assist with mobility and exercise.
- Ability to identify the need for and utilize appropriate safety and/or emergency techniques, protection of patient lines and drains and infection control.
- Experience as a rehab aide or similar experience preferred
- Ability to safely perform repetitive bending, stooping, squatting, standing, sitting during an eight to ten-hour day. Normal duties involve frequent lifting (up to 35 pounds), transferring patients, pushing a wheelchair up to 500 feet.
- Sufficient dexterity and strength to perform standard duties including assisting in patient care, documentation and equipment use.
- 6 months of relevant rehab aide experience qualifies for Rehab Aide 2, Per Diem title
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.