Position Summary (This position will consist of 36 hours per week.)
The Mammography Technologist operates the mammographic equipment to produce radiographs of the breasts for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes, as directed by the Radiologist.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: On-going continuing education credits must be attained as per guidelines established by the ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) and the ACR (American College of Radiology).
- License/Certifications: Certification from a two-year college or technical school. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support. Maine State License.
- Experience: Six months to one year of related experience preferred.
- ARRT-American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (Radiography).
- ARRT-American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (Mammography) preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Additional Information MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.