Pharmacy Stock Technician- University of Oklahoma Medical Center
General Description: Under the general direction of the Administrative Manager of Pharmacy Purchasing, the Pharmacy Stock Technician is responsible for receiving, packaging, handling and stocking of supplies and medications in the pharmacy including controlled drug substances.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Identify, verify and locate the correct products and accounts during the receiving process.
- Identify, label and place incoming medications and supplies into stock to accurately maintain inventory.
- Document disposition of medications/supplies from all vendors through record of units delivered and reconciliation of packing lists and invoices.
- Maintain inventory process for formulary, non-formulary, narcotics, and high-value medications.
- Assist pharmacy buyers and staff with inventory control including but not limited to short supply items, expired and recalled medications/supplies, and location of needed supplies.
- Responsible for documentation and packaging of incoming narcotic shipments.
- Maintain equipment utilized to package medications.
- Ensure correct delivery of supply chain products through appropriate documentation of products received.
- Stock supplies in a manner to allow inventory rotation to reduce waste.
- Maintain an orderly and organized supply stock to facilitate efficient pharmacy workflow.
- Collaborate with hospital supply chain to locate orders and missing packages, correct inaccuracies in deliveries and replacement of damaged products.
- Responsible for maintenance of shelves used to house supplies, accurate labeling of storage bins/medication shelves and routine cleaning of bins and shelves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: None required.
Experience: None required. Hospital pharmacy technician or supply chain experience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Permit as a pharmacy technician by the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy when eligible within the first six weeks after placement in the position required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills for developing effective working relationships with staff and coworkers.
- Attention to detail
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.