Under the direction of the Principal Catering Manager,
you will perform a variety of duties relevant to Catering, such as:
- Delivering and setting up catering food orders in a
- Pick-up catering orders on time when event has ended.
- Stocking and cleaning work area.
- Organize and transfer food to delivery truck or van as
- Prepare high volume of beverages, snacks and dessert
trays as needed.
- Serve the customer on a buffet, tray pass for
breakfast, lunch, appetizers, snacks, dinner.
- Must work independently for all services including VIP
- Tasks include adherence to all safety and sanitation
standards as outlined by JC and HACCP, as well as focusing continually on the
department's mission to exceed customer's expectations.
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English.
- Knowledge and skills in food service operations.
- Knowledge of basic safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to interact with both internal and external
customers in a high volume operation, with professionalism, diplomacy, and
- Basic mathematical skills to insure accuracy.
- Ability to stand, bend, walk, reaches, lift, push and
pull for prolonged periods of time in hot, cold, rainy weather.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50+ lbs.
- Certified Food Handler.
- Catering experience.
- Ability to drive deliver truck and/or van to delivery
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.