In this role you will be responsible for performing a variety of duties relevant to the retail food
service operations of the Department of Nutrition that is consistent with
budgetary goals and objectives. The position is also responsible for developing
and maintaining excellent customer skill levels for both internal and external
customers, adherence to institutional / professional standards, and performance improvements.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend standard English.
- Ability to work in a standing position for a
long period of time; stretch, bend, walk, stoop and reach repetitively.
to interact with different members of the department, as well as the medical center at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact with customers, resolve problems in a tactful and
- Familiar with different computer programs such as Microsoft
Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of computerized cash handling system.
Knowledge of Cash Handling practices according to BUS 49 and University
Policies and Procedures.
- 5+ years of Retail Management experience.
- Experience working with labor union represented staff members and adhering to collective bargaining agreements.
- Current ServSafe Certification or equivalent.
- Experience with food vendors, food stations, and specials/promotions.
- Strong background experience in food safety and sanitation.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.