This position is responsible for performing a variety
of duties relevant to the retail food service operations in the cafeteria.
- Setting up service lines, pre-plating foods, preparation of
meals, cooking, working the grill, omelet, and stir-fry station, and serving
- Review menus, production sheets, recipes and tallied
items to verify needs for the day.
- Bake, roast, grill, boil and steam meat, fish, vegetables and other
foods as required
- Clean, peel, cut, slice, dice, weigh and measure ingredients as require; follow standardized recipes.
- Plate and/or garnish food for attractive presentation.
Must maintain good public relations with external and internal customers with the spirit of CICARE. Responsible for handling problems with customers in a diplomatic manner. Must read all memos and bulletins relevant to the operation.
Must follow safety and sanitation procedures as outlined by the Department's HACCP program and as prescribed by JCAHO.
- Ability to read,
write, and comprehend standard English.
the ability to work in a standing position for a long period of time; stretch,
bend, walk, stoop and reach repetitively.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and/or
wet areas, lift 40 lbs, and push loaded carts weighing 350 lbs.
- Ability to conform
to dress code.
- Must have safe food handling certificate.
- Good personal
- Ability to adjust to fluctuating work load and be flexible to
work AM or PM shifts working overtime when needed.
have experience cooking in a professional setting.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with co-workers,
customers, supervisors and managers.
- Be able to work a flexible work schedules, available to work weekends and holidays: training period
may consist of 8 hour shifts; the work schedule will be 10 hour and 12 hour
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.