Network Administrator

  • Welia Health
  • Mora, MN 55051, USA
  • Jun 22, 2022
Full Time Administration/Operations Healthcare IT

Job Description

Under the direction of the IS Director, the Network Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of all network infrastructure. This includes routing & switching hardware, servers (physical & virtual), telephony, and applications and operating systems associated with these platforms.   ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. VMware Horizon design and maintenance – (5 percent) Cisco ISE and WLC – (5 percent) Mimecast email security implementation – (10 percent) Develop, test, troubleshoot and implement Active Directory (AD) Group Policy Objects (GPOs) – (5 percent) Develop, test, troubleshoot and implement scripts to automate frequently executed processes – (5 percent) Analyze workflow, access, and security requirements and confer with users to establish network specifications – (5 percent) Design router and switch configurations implementing protocols based on performance and reliability requirements – (5 percent) Evaluate network performance issues, including availability, throughput, and latency, and then define and implement appropriate network policies and procedures – (5 percent) Fine tune overall network performance by monitoring and analyzing systems and troubleshooting problems as discovered – (5 percent) Secure enterprise networks by developing access, monitoring, control, and evaluation protocols, including comprehensive documentation – (10 percent) Upgrade network operating systems, applications, and other system components as needed based on vendor recommendations and testing – (10 percent) Keep up to date with the latest skills, procedures, systems, and security by attending seminars and conferences, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations – (5 percent) Work with department managers to determine future networking needs and plan for changes – (5 percent) Develop methods and necessary tools to test and implement new network-specific equipment as needed – (5 percent) Engage in regular network troubleshooting activities, resolve connectivity issues, and mitigate operational risks – (5 percent) Administration of servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, tele­phones, application deployment, and security updates – (5 percent) Additional duties as assigned – (5 percent)   QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.   EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE AS degree or specialized courses equivalent to two years of college/technical college in computer networking, security, development, or computer sciences; and four years’ work experience with various kinds of networked devices.    PREFERRED SKILLS Microsoft and/or Cisco certification, Cisco networking and IP telephony experience, server installs/upgrades and maintenance experience in a physical and virtual environment. VMware Horizon, Microsoft 365 email security (Mimecast), ISE and Cisco WLC   LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.  Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.  Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.   MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts.  Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.   REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.   PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.  The employee frequently is required to sit.  The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.  The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.  Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.   WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment will be stressful at times.

Employment Type (feed only)

Full Time