Full Time, Varied Shifts, 8-430
The Registered Nurse will work under the supervision of the Director of Hospice. Performs skilled nursing care using the nursing process to meet the age-specific needs of patients with a life limiting illness. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Treats all patients, customers, and co-workers with courtesy and respect to continually show improvement in the service we offer to our co-workers and communities we serve.
Education, Work Experience and Licensure
• Graduate of an approved Nursing Education Program.
• Holds a current State of Ohio RN License.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Completes initial assessments, reassessments, and follow-up visits, to assigned hospice patients and families as indicated by protocols and physician orders.
• Utilizes the nursing process to deliver nursing care to hospice patients and families.
• Develops, evaluates, implements, and revises the nursing plan of care for the patients and families to promote quality care.
• Functions as a part of the Holzer Hospice Team, assists and treats the entire staff with courtesy and respect.
• Teaches, supervises, and evaluates the care provided by home health aides, volunteers and caregivers to ensure quality of care.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and revising the plan of care, to meet the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, safety, and educational needs of the patients and families.
• Provides continuity when patients level of care changes, or when patients are transferred or discharged.
• Assures hospice financial viability by not being wasteful of supplies, and presenting cost saving ideas to the supervisor and/or Director.
• Performs patient and staff education.
• Participates in performance improvement projects, in-services, committees, and department meetings.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Holzer Health System and contracting service facilities, as applicable.
• Performs care as ordered by physician’s plan of treatment.
• Maintains necessary records and reports with appropriate documentation.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.