Provides medical services involving examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients as Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physicians in ambulatory care facilities. There are currently opportunities in North Oxnard, Santa Paula, & Simi Valley.
The Primary Care Clinic Physician is an At-Will classification that is exempt from the provision of the Civil Service Ordinance.
Examples Of Duties:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides complete, comprehensive, family-oriented, culturally-sensitive clinical care for patients throughout the life cycle. This includes obtaining medical histories, performing physical examinations, making diagnoses, and treating patients.
- Prescribes medications and treatment, monitors patients’ progress, and adapts treatment as required.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Advises patients concerning evidence-based lifestyle changes that improve patient health and works with patients to develop self-management goals.
- Coordinates with care team to provide high-quality patient care and ensure patient treatment goals are met.
- Ability to work with high volume of patients, internal/external customers, and appropriately manage frequent changes, delay or unexpected events.
- Follow workflows that support quality improvement efforts and increase patient access.
- Explains in clear understandable verbal and written language the care plan and any procedures.
- Advises nursing and related personnel as to the administration of medication and treatment; writes physician’s orders.
- Gives or determines the need for medical tests, orders laboratory tests as necessary; interprets medical tests.
- Consulting with other physicians and providers, referring patients to specialists when necessary, and working with other healthcare staff, such as nurses, assistants, and other physicians.
- Keeps accurate and timely medical records and charts and adheres to documentation policies. Prepares various records such as progress notes, comprehensive care plans, summaries, etc. Documents gathered information in medical record as required by policies.
- Keeps updated problem lists and medication lists for all patients.
- Responds to portal messages and EHR inbox in a timely fashion and provides coverage for colleagues’ inboxes when they are not available.
- Counsels’ patients and families about physical, medical, and mental conditions; obtains appropriate consent for treatment from patients or parent/caregiver.
- May participate in an on-call system.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and training sessions as determined by Ambulatory Care administration.
- Follows safety protocols, including but not limited to using two patient identifiers and time-out procedures.
- Keeps all medical staff privileging requirements up-to-date, including CME requirements.
- Administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation in an emergency.
- Complies with medical laws (for example, HIPAA). Demonstrates knowledge of domestic violence, child and dependent abuse protocols and mandated reporting.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
These are entrance requirements to the recruitment process and assure neither continuance in the process nor invitation to an interview.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency training program.
- Degree in Medicine.
- At least 3 years of residency training.
- Current state medical license and state DEA certificate.
Must be able to meet the VCMC Medical Staff Credentialing requirements as outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws & Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
This position may be subject to State Health Officer Orders regarding vaccine verification and/or testing. These requirements are a condition of employment. Depending on assignment and work location(s), successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination and/or booster against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process.
All resumes will be reviewed weekly beginning May 2, 2022 to determine if the stated requirements are met. If interested, submit an online application or email your resume/CV to Anna.Ford@ventura.org .
Final Note: Please include the dates of your residency program.