We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Grenada Emergency Department
Patient Care Tech-Emergency Room - PT
The patient care tech (PCT) assists with patient care and performs services requiring technical and manual skills on individual patient needs within the scope of practice under direct supervision of the registered nurse. Specific areas of responsibility include stocking of supplies, maintaining equipment and/or reporting malfunctions, transporting patients, monitoring of patient vital signs/pain, providing patient hygiene and comfort measures, assisting with procedures, fulfilling nutritional needs and observing/reporting patient behaviors. The PCT also assures that the rights of the patient/family are respected and maintained. The PCT demonstrates the ability to safely and competently use equipment in the provision of department services per scope of practice. This position will be primarily working with an acutely ill through rehabilitating adolescent to geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual served.
Education & Experience
High school diploma/GED and two (2) years experience in an acute care setting, stand-alone er, or military infirmary as a nursing assistant, medical assistant, monitor tech, emergency medical technician, or similar health profession; or
Completion of first semester of LPN, paramedic, or RN program; or
Completion of EMT, LPN, paramedic, or RN program; or
Currently employed as a UMMC Nurse Extern
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: CPR/BLS certification; management of assaultive behavior or crises prevention certification required within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Understand and use medical terminology. Phlebotomy training. Must be willing to support both Grenada/Lexington campus when the need arises. Knowledge of medical terminology, basic task e.g. Phlebotomy, suture removal, breakdown/set up for procedures, casting/splinting, and stocking; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills; knowledge and understanding of computer systems, tools and programs. Bi-lingual preferred.
- Contact consults, facilitate transfers to higher levels of care, obtain imaging films, answer the telephone, orders clerical supplies.
- Performs or assists with certain treatments, procedures, and/or medications ordered by the physician, approved and supervised by a nurse and allowed by state law may include perform EKG's, monitor interpret cardiac rhythms and/or patterns, record strips, notify nurse or physician of change in EKG rhythm, assists with simple procedures, room set-up, suture removal, casting/splinting.
- Assist patients by responding to intercom requests; obtain needed services from nurses, physicians, and other hospital personnel.
- Maintain unit supplies inventory; check stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by turning over rooms for next patient, removing suction, IV poles IV's and other equipment, complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhere to infection control plies and protocols.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, constant travelling to offsite locations, frequent activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, constant bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, frequent kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, constant reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):