RN - Registered Nurse - Clinical Coordinator Surgical Services - Pediatrics
Shift: Full - Time
Under administrative direction, provides expert nursing care/services to patients in an operating room/recovery room setting.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Supervises nursing staff in an operating room/recovery room area and ensures safe and effective nursing care/services.
- Ensures that the area has adequate nursing personnel to meet identified patient needs; arranges for staff to work overtime shifts for personnel shortages based on minimum staffing requirements; assists in the development of monthly personnel schedules.
- Assists with revision of policies and procedures.
- Coordinates inventory control: reviews product costs for cost effectiveness, maintains product levels for daily usage and specialty items, ensures instruments are functional, etc.
- Evaluates, documents and counsels the staff regarding job requirements and work performance; assists with employee evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Develops quality assurance indicators. Monitors productivity targets established by the department.
- Ensures orientation of new employees, surgeons, physician assistants and other staff to the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience: One (1) year experience in an operating/recovery room and expertise in a specialty area.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid permanent license or temporary license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. (If working under a temporary license, you must obtain a permanent license within 3 months of appointment). BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and standards plus the principles of supervising. Skill in planning and organizing nursing care, applying advanced nursing clinical skills, maintaining records and charts, preparing written reports and in maintaining effective working relationships with others. Good computer skills. Must have good interpersonal skills.
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.