Jennie Edmundson Memorial Hosp
933 E Pierce,Council Bluffs, IA
Full Time, Evening Shift, 2:30 - 11:30
- Purpose of Job
- Performs and assists technology duties in Radiology.
- Job Requirements
- Diploma/Associate degree from approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) School of Radiology Technology required.
- Bachelor degree from approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) School of Radiology Technology preferred.
- Previous Radiographer experience preferred, but not required.
- Registered Technologist in radiography; credential offered through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Required Medical Radiographer-Iowa (RAD.IA).
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) strongly preferred at time of hire, required within 3 months of hire.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to interact with customers, patients, family, physicians, co-workers and hospital personnel.
- Ability to perform numerous tasks at once, prioritize workload and organize workflow.
- Must be able to follow established Universal Standard and Radiation Safety precautions.
- Position requires flexibility to accommodate fluctuation in daily schedule, including but not limited to overtime, irregular hours and on-call responsibilities
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67-100%):
- Biological agents (primary air born & blood borne viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Age Specific Criteria - (Quality and Safety)
- Provides appropriate patient care.
- Shows confidence and competency in all age specific categories. (see NMHS form)
- Ensures patient comfort and patient/family understanding of ordered exam.
- Exam Performance/Quality - (Quality and Safety)
- Identifies each patient via 2 methods prior to procedure. i.e. name, Date of Birth (DOB), Medical Record Number (MRN)
- Correctly identifies anatomical position with use of initialized lead markers.
- Critiques each image for identification, technical and positional accuracy making appropriate corrections as necessary.
- Performs exams as their priority dictates.
- Performs exams/procedures in a timely manner.
- Workflow Management - (Heightened Focus on Efficiency)
- Demonstrates ability to manage department workflow as needed.
- Reviews/verifies orders for clinical and demographic consistency and accuracy.
- Willfully assists physicians, patients, and coworkers as needed during exams.
- Willingly seeks opportunity to provide patient care, or assist others as needed.
- Understands and supports the direction and workflow of the imaging team.
- Maintains awareness of ongoing exams and assist co-workers as needed.
- Provide exam information and status updates to pertinent staff members.
- Relieves co-workers from procedures/exams as necessary.
- Available at the start of scheduled shift and appropriately manages completion of shift.
- RIS/Cerner - (Quality & Safety)
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Cerner and NaviCare Systems.
- Properly uses Exam Management for order modification, comment documentation and image verification.
- Starts and completes own exams correctly and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of PowerChart and Cerner Scheduling applications.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of Online Worklist to monitor orders manage status. Troubleshoots Radiology Information System (RIS)/Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) issues and utilizes appropriate available resources, (Supervisor, Help Desk)
- Department Policy/Procedures - (Quality & Safety)
- Ensures visualization and proper patient demographics on Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) images.
- Routinely exhibits the behavior and attributes for superior customer/patient service as outlined in the "Behaviors Standards Agreement."
- Demonstrates knowledge of Administrative, Divisional and Department Policies and Procedures through responsible behavior/actions.
- Cleans and maintains all equipment as per hospital standards and by reporting faulty equipment to appropriate personnel.
- Reports issues/concerns to Supervisor as soon as possible and provide assistance with resolution/follow-up.
- Clinical Enrichment - (People)
- Provides and monitors "on the job training" per Methodist College Standards.
- Maintains professional and courteous relationship with students and instructors.
- Provides leadership and guidance for students' education clinical experience.
- Confidentiality - (Quality & Safety)
- Maintains patient confidentiality coinciding with Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Maintains student/co-worker confidentiality coinciding with Federal Educational Federal Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Infection Control- identifies types of transmission, standard precautions and acceptable hand washing techniques.
- Workplace Safety- identifies security risks, back safety measures, ergonomic guidelines and resulting actions.
- Utility Failures- identifies various types, responses and support resources.
- Equipment Support- demonstrates knowledge of resources and equipment ID tag information/relevance.
- P.I. Projects- identifies facility, divisional and department projects, goals and contributing factors.
Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.