Jennie Edmundson Memorial Hosp
933 E Pierce,Council Bluffs, IA
Casual, Day Shift, Flexible
- Purpose of Job
- Respiratory care assistants serve as support personnel for respiratory therapists.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of annual mandatory education requirements.
- One year hospital experience preferred.
- Previous secretarial experience helpful.
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Maintains Respiratory Care supply/equipment levels, to ensure availability for patient care.
- Assures adequate equipment and supplies are available for patient care. Notifies team lead if need to order supplies.
- Cleaning and set up of respiratory equipment.
- Maintains oxygen and air cylinder supply for hospital.
- Inventories cylinders.
- Troubleshoots regulators.
- Replaces empty cylinders.
- Ensures appropriate readiness of equipment for patient use.
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment.
- Reassembles equipment for patient use.
- Performs safety checks on equipment as appropriate.
- Stocks respiratory therapy equipment in designated areas.
- Performs monthly Code Blue cart inventory checks for Methodist Hospital and Women's Hospital.
- Communicates to Service Leader issues with Code Blue cart supplies, equipment.
- Replace missing equipment and supplies.
- Communication with Respiratory Assistant on any issues that are identified.
Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.