The Cook II may work in any location on client premises. This individual prepares food for patients, retail and special functions. Cleans work areas as related to the preparation and serving of food condition facilities or locations. These responsibilities may differ among location, depending on business necessities, client requirements and applicable industry standards.
- Prepares food as indicated by par level reports and in accordance with both DRH and Health Department standards
- Follows standardized recipes to meet nutritional needs
- Attractively presents all items with appropriate garnish and correct portion size. Participates in daily temperature and taste panels to assure quality and provide suggestions for continuous improvement
- Maintains proper handling of all inventories, to include proper storage, rotation, covering, labeling and dating
- All items will be used in a cost-conscious manner
- Use the HACCP method for food handling
- All patients, visitors, staff, and co-workers will be given prompt and courteous attention. Each person the cook comes in contact with will be viewed as a potential customer
- All work shall be performed in a safe and sanitary manner
- Workstations maintained in an organized, clean and sanitary condition
- Active participation in data collection and monthly evaluations for department Continuous Quality Improvement program
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Apply DRH Standards of Behavior and exhibit behaviors consistent with DRH core values
- Provides back-up assistance for dish room and patient tray assembly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Hours: 64 hrs pp
Type: Full Time
Category: Non Clinical
Must have High School Diploma or GED. Work experience and food handlers card preferred.
* Safety-Sensitive Position
**As a condition of employment, vaccinations are required per DRH Policy. Medical and Religious Exemptions are available upon request.