The Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst provides assistance for revenue cycle integration, workflow and technical design across all revenue cycle solutions and venues; articulates operational and financial impacts of workflow and technical decisions to leadership and project teams; represents leadership expectations for testing strategy, issue management, operational readiness and ongoing departmental responsibilities; manages Cerner ticket escalations related to revenue cycle; and manages project escalations tracking, status and expectations as the point of contact for revenue cycle leadership. Lead clinically driven revenue cycle (CDRC) conversations across venues; work closely with the Director of Information Systems, CFO, and revenue cycle leadership to define financial metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting requirements. Provides assistance to Revenue Cycle departments and other I.S. departmental staff in evaluating, selecting, installing, and supporting automated information systems. Utilizes the knowledge and skills of financial practice to determine Revenue Cycle functions suitable for computer applications to ensure consistency with professional standards of Revenue Cycle practice. Works collaboratively with all users of Revenue Cycle information systems. Acts as a liaison between the Revenue Cycle, Clinical IT and technical staff.
Maintains charge master as a key stakeholder on the Charge Master committee. Assists in analyzing, specifying, reviewing, programming, and implementing a total hospital information system. Develop reports for all departments.
Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday - Friday.
• Associate Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar degree with five years experience OR Bachelor Degree
in similar fields with three years experience required.
• Prefer recent experience in a hospital information systems department. Must have experience in evaluating, selecting, and
installing automated information systems.
• Three years of experience with Revenue Cycle Information Systems required. Preferred experience with Cerner Patient
• Formal training or direct experience with personal computer e-mail, spreadsheets, word processors, Internet, etc. required.
• Must be able to explain technical aspects of duties performed to supervisor and co-workers.
• Knowledge or experience with any of the following applications or technologies:
o Billing and Claims processing related to Hospital billing
o Business Objects
o Cerner AccessHIM
o Cerner Application Management Services (AMS)
o Cerner Charge Master
o Cerner Charge Services
o Cerner Clinical EHR
o Cerner Clinical Inventory Management (Supply Chain)
o Cerner Core and User maintenance
o Cerner Patient Accounting
o Cerner Registration
o Cerner Scheduling
o Data extraction, Transform, and Load (ETL) integration
o Discern Analytics 2.0 (DA2), Explorer Menu
o Lights On
o Oracle General Financials
o SQL report writing
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.