This position can be filled as a PIA2 Application Developer or a PIA3 Senior Application Developer.
Support the Department of Internal Medicine by developing new application solutions for departmental needs; implement improvements to existing applications and development processes; maintain, document, and manage departmental applications, reporting tools, and automation as our Application Developer.
This position participates in the day-to-day application development. This includes every stage of project life cycle and solution support activities. The areas of development practices cover database design and implementation, front-end programming, and integration of multiple systems, including third-party solutions.
Duties to include:
- Consult with users to define functional/technical specifications for applications and reports
- Develop and deploy applications, integrating with departmental, institutional, and external data sources and processes
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and improvement of the department's applications and processes
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for existing and new applications, resources, and processes
- Analyze, monitor, and report financial and operational data, information, and reports at the request of leadership
- Other duties as assigned
For a full job description with all responsibilities/duties, please send an email to Internal Medicine HR at Intmedfirstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and related application development/support experience
- At least 3 years of experience writing secure, stable, high-performance data-driven web applications using Visual Studio, SQL Server, IIS, .Net 3.5+ or Core.
- At least 3 years of experience in the development and/or support of applications used by non-technical customers to support and enhance business processes.
- Experience with distributed source control systems, such as Git.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, technical problem solving, and analyzing system specifications.
- Demonstrated job-related experience with and/or commitment to diversity in the work/academic environment.
- Experience using Tableau or similar business intelligence software.
- Experience developing SSIS packages.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Experience consuming and/or delivering standardized web services utilizing API's.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques, including developing work plans and time schedules for software-related projects and enhancements.
Position and Application Details
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission:
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and education/credential verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Internal Medicine HR at Intmedemail@example.com
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits/fpsm.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.