Texas Health Rockwall is seeking a professional, customer oriented Ultrasound Technologist to join our team.
The Ultrasound Technologist will be responsible for providing and documenting accurate and high quality sonographic studies as ordered by providers.
Schedule: Friday/Saturday/Sunday 7am-7:30pm
- Facilitates patient throughout and enhances patient satisfaction with testing process. Checks computer for new orders and reviews physician's orders on patient's chart. Identifies patients via two methods. Explains procedure to be done. Protects patient's privacy.
- Provides best image quality within the limitations imposed by available resources. Delineates normal and abnormal anatomic structures, physiology and hemodynamics. Recognizes examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the interpreting physician or other appropriate physician.
- Effective patient/family advocate. Responds to patient's and/or patients family's complaints in an appropriate and effective manner. Reports complaints to the Manager or their designee in a timely manner. Utilizes the chain of command appropriately to resolve patient, operational, or personal work-related problems.
- Selects a transducer and adjusts the equipment controls according to the organ to be examined, the depth of field and other specifications of test.
- High School or equivalent required
- Associate degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
BLS - Basic Life Support Upon Hire Required
ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Sonography and one additional modality Upon Hire Required
ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers must have 2 certifications Upon Hire Required
RVT or VT(RVS) as one modality if performing vascular sonography Upon Hire Required