Eastern State Hospital (ESH) is expanding! Come join our team where patient impact thrives from collaboration.
We're looking for those who have a passion for supporting rehabilitation through therapy as a Certified Recreation Therapist. This role will allow you to work with patients along with a number of other Recreation Therapists.
Some of what you'll do:
- Provide Therapeutic Recreation assessments
- Document and evaluate patient's response/outcomes to the plan in the patient's medical records
- Facilitate and provide active treatment programs/interventions for the assigned ward, unit, or population
- Develop Therapeutic Recreation clinical programs
- Serve as a member of committees as an appointed representative of rehabilitation services
Note: Per Governor Inslees’ Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.
Who should apply?
Professionals who have:
- Graduated from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program
- National Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Acquire and maintain a Washington state Department of Health registration as a Recreation Therapist
What we're looking for:
- Working knowledge of group behavior and dynamics
- Experience in intervening and de-escalating clients
- Ability to work with all patients in a therapeutic manner
- Knowledge of behavioral health issues and recovery principles
- Leadership, planning, and facilitation skills