Imaging Services at Texas Health Rockwall has a great opportunity for an experienced technologist to join our exemplary team of caregivers! The Lead CT/DX Technologist will perform Computed Tomography (CT) and X-ray procedures and assist in department supervision.
Position Responsibilities: The Lead Tech is responsible for staff supervision and coordination of daily department activities including:
- Evaluate technical skills, and schedules staff appropriately to include call and holidays. Provide adequate staff coverage including vacation schedules, absenteeism, and turnover.
- Cooperate and coordinate with other managers and team leaders in facilitating communication flow and procedures between technical, clerical, support staff, students, and other departments.
- Assist in implementing and monitoring performance evaluation procedures, establishing professional development goals, and mentoring staff on an on-going basis.
- Act as a technical resource for staff by providing ongoing instruction and assistance with procedures, equipment, and Ambra/PACS.
The Lead Tech will have patient care responsibilities including:
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of CT and X-ray scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Identify malfunction of radiologic equipment and arrange service repair.
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during exam.
- Take thorough and accurate patient medical histories and notify the Radiologist as necessary.
- Start IV's and administer contrast media as directed and per protocol.
- Monitor patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Evaluate CT/X-ray scans for technical quality.
- Proficient use of PACS and performs image QA.
- Accurately process, modify and complete exams in EMR.
- Responsible to take call and follow callback guidelines.
- Good understanding of Comply with Image Gently and Image Wisely.
- Assist other technologists during downtime.
- Utilize Relationship Based Care principles by consistently placing personal relationships between caregivers, patients/families and self at the center of care delivery.
Schedule: Friday Saturday Sunday
- High School or GED and Two (2) year Associates Degree
- One to three (1 to 3) years of Clinical Experience
- License: AART and CMRT and (CT); Certifications: BLS
- Three (3) years experience