Under the general supervision of the Clinical Coordinator, performs EEG procedures in the laboratory and at the bedside of critically ill patients in the intensive care units. Learns to perform specialized EEG and Evoked Potential studies, including Neuro Intensive Video/EEG Monitoring. Such studies will occur at Springfield Memorial Hospital and shared service sites. Staff will serve on emergency call, as needed, for after scheduled work hours, per lab protocol.
1. Measures and accurately applies electrodes in a timely manner, according to the International 10 – 20 System. Ensures that electrode impedances meet laboratory standards.
2. Performs high quality electrodiagnositic studies according to laboratory standards.
3. Adapts procedures to clinical circumstances and implements alternative monitor and machine setting to better define abnormalities.
4. Recognizes, eliminates, and/or monitors electrode artifacts in order to obtain an adequate test.
5. Learns to perform special procedure EEG tests, such as Neonatal recordings, Ambulatory EEG and Neurointensive Video EEG monitoring.
6. Learns to perform all modalities of Evoked Potentials, Intraoperative EEG and Intraoperative Evoked Potential Monitoring.
7. Travels to shared service hospitals to perform EEGs.
8. Performs work duties in accordance with all MMC Safety and Infection Control Standards.
9. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the clinical coordinator.
1. High School Graduate required.
2. Graduate of an accredited electroneurodiagnostic technology program, accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation required.
3. Eligible for/or successful completion of the Part I (written) examination for registration by ABRET or 1 – 3 years experience in EEG. Successful completion of the Part I examination must be completed within one year of hire.
4. CPR certification preferred.
5. Universal Precautions Category I
Employment Type (feed only)