The Research Nurse Coordinator position involves many aspects of research coordination. This includes collaboration with the Principle Investigator, Program Coordinator, Study Center, and relevant MMC Departments. The primary responsibilities include study coordination and acting as a hospital educator/resource person for studies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Education: See "License/Certifications"
- Experience: N/A
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families and other healthcare providers. Ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines and departments.
- Knowledge of current research related policies and procedures as well as appropriate process for initiating revisions.
- Thorough knowledge of theory, practice, principles, processes and issues of nursing usually acquired through 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- Analytical ability necessary to keep records, maintain inventory levels and perform data entry.
- Ability to manage complex projects through all phases of development, implementation, and follow-up.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.