Responsible for providing leadership, support, direction and focus in the application of the Patient Accounts standards and principles of continuous improvement. Manage a staff to ensure the financial goals and objectives based on the Revenue Cycle Scorecard are achieved monthly for each area of responsibility. Has full understanding of the process and each role within the process and its effect on the larger scope of the revenue cycle. Establishes the department standards and expectations for improvement initiatives and aligns them with Revenue Cycle initiatives. Creates an environment where new ideas are encouraged. Reinforces staff involvement in all improvement activities, develops department goals and objectives which support corporate and health system.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent hospital leadership experience.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: See "Education." 3+ years in a related Healthcare Patient Accounting Field. Supervisory experience preferred. Leadership experience in Healthcare Patient Accounting required.
- Able to work in a high volume, fast-paced work environment and perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven proficiency or experience in a management position, full understanding of cash posting, billing, credit, and collection functions, financial analysis, and third party payer procedures within a payer type (Commercial or Government)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to present and explain information to customers in a desired manner consistent with procedures.
- Have practical experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Adobe applications.
- Have the ability to make independent decisions that are generally guided by established procedures and/or collection processes.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Need to have data / analytical skills to develop root cause and corrective action
Additional Information MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org