Reports to: Board of Governors
FLSA Code: Exempt
The President is the chief executive officer of Highland District Hospital. The President has ultimate responsibility and authority to provide leadership and direction for all aspects of the operation and the activities of its related entities to ensure compliance with goals and objectives, while meeting the directives established by the Hospital’s mission, vision, and values statement.
- Delivers service to the Hospital’s internal and external customers by advocating for customer preferences; maximizing communication and partnering; acting to obtain feedback, problem solve and change; adding zest to our appearance, approach and style; demonstrating extraordinary ability to perform the technical skills of the job.
- Serves as the principle leader of Highland District Hospital and is responsible for enhancing the performance of the organization relative to its mission of providing patient care to the members of the community.
- Consistent with the stated mission of the Hospital, establishes the organization as an economically viable and high quality provider of medical services within the county and the region.
- Facilitates the strategic planning processes for the Hospital and the Board of Governors.
- Recommends policy to the Board of Governors. Establishes and supports hospital policies and procedures consistent with hospital goals and regulatory requirements, and insures their adequate execution.
- Establishes effective organizational mechanisms to enhance ongoing programs and to plan with the Medical Staff, the Board of Governors and the administrative staff for the implementation of new programs, as appropriate to the organization.
- Serves as spokesperson and leader in the Ohio community on health administration and health policy issues.
- Performs or assures the performance of all legal and regulatory requirements of the Hospital as specified in State or Federal law or by accrediting agencies.
- Performs all other duties incident to the office of the President as may from time to time by assigned by the Board.
- Participates and lends support to performance improvement activities; quality improvement and patient safety activities; assists in maintaining compliance with JCAHO accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards including the code of conduct.
- Highland District Hospital is committed to serving our community by quality healthcare in an atmosphere of safety, compassion and excellence. It is the responsibility of all employees to interact with patients, visitors, and/or co-workers with compassion, dignity, and respect. Employees are to maintain positive behaviors, approaches and attitudes and commitment to interpersonal service. Each employee is to serve as a role model for the organization’s Customer Service initiative; A-I-D-E-T; Acknowledge – Introduce – Duration – Explanation – Thank-you; proactively promoting teamwork and a collaborative culture.
- Responsible for abiding by and adhering to all HDH Corporate Compliance Program initiative and standards.
- Responsible for compliance with HDH safety standards, policies and procedures.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Why join the HDH team?
Highland District Hospital is a critical access designated, 25-bed acute care facility. We currently employ more than 340 people and benefit from the services of community volunteers. Our medical staff includes over 100 physicians and 15 mid-level providers, representing over 25 specialties and subspecialties. While we are a community-centered hospital, we are also known for our technology and sophisticated healthcare services. Our service area includes over 65,000 residents from Highland County and surrounding counties.
The mission of Highland District Hospital is to serve the community by providing accessible, efficient, quality healthcare in an atmosphere of safety, compassion and excellence. Our values provide the framework for fulfilling our mission and vision.
- Patient-First Mind Set
At HDH we are always focused on doing what is best for those we serve and committed to providing a safe, effective, and efficient environment which promotes healing and growth.
- Competitive Salary
- Cafeteria Discounts/Employee Ordering Options
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- OPERS and Ohio Deferred Compensation
- Full-time, Part-time, and PRN schedules available
- Professional Development and Educational Assistance Opportunities
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
Education – Required: Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or other directly related discipline or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience: Seven years of directly related experience in hospital administration.
Preferred Experience: Progressive executive leadership in the acute care hospital setting.
Competencies Required: Demonstration of extensive fundamental and theoretical knowledge of health care organization, operation and administration.
Working knowledge of most health care departments. Capability to serve as leader to administrative and executive personnel.
Experienced and capable of working with physicians.
Ability to work with Board of Governors, Committee Chairpersons, as well as community leaders.
Supervises: Directly supervises the Vice Presidents and Directors of Human Resources, Performance Improvement/Corporate Compliance and Plant Operations. Has ultimate responsibility for all employees of Highland District Hospital.