Holzer Health System
Full Time, Day Shift, Primarily 8.am. - 5 p.m.
The Associate Legal Counsel is directly responsible and accountable to the Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer (CLO) to assist in research, document review and drafting, compliance with regulatory matters, and oversight of outside counsel. The Associate Legal Counsel must develop a solid understanding of the organization’s business structure as well as an understanding of health care law.
Education, Work Experience and Licensure:
• Juris Doctorate required
• Ohio Licenses required
• Corporate Health care and/or Employment law experience required
• 10-15 years of experience highly preferred
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct research and analysis on legal and policy issues as directed by CLO
• Assist the CLO in drafting and negotiating contracts with an emphasis on protesting the organization’s rights
• Assist the CLO with oversight of outside counsel and litigated matters
• Provide legal support to management at all levels of the organization and have regular contact with senior management
• Advise the CLO on regulatory compliance and risk management issues including HIPAA, Medicare conditions of participation and reimbursement, fraud and abuse laws, Stark and anti-kickback issues, False Claims Act, and related federal and state statutes and regulations.
• Keep updated on changes in healthcare regulatory laws and assist in updating System policies and procedures to be in compliance with such legal updates
• Serve as legal representative on a variety of committees within the organization
• Other duties as assigned
Employment Type (feed only)