The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.