Join our Patient Accounts team and perform billing, follow-up, administrative support, and customer service within a growing hospital!
- Reviews appropriate documents. Elicits information and follows appropriate federal, state, third party and departmental guidelines to prepare bills to carriers.
- Gathers and communicates information from third party payers and patients to expedite payment on outstanding accounts.
- Stays current with the latest updates for third party, collection, and bad-debt regulations by reading bulletins and other memoranda. Participates in annual training sessions as required.
- Operates computer software efficiently to complete required billing and follow-up tasks.
- Sets goals to resolve any outstanding issues with third party representatives.
- Evaluates, reviews, and analyzes patient accounts to determine if correct third party payments have been received and recorded.
- Prioritizes and updates files and other required documentation in accordance with established policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Reviews and stays current with assigned Aergo work lists daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned and adapts to changing departmental demands.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: One year previous healthcare environment billing experience.
Special Training: Working knowledge of Microsoft office.