Working closely with the Access and Flow Manager, the Software System Administrator and the PCS Vice President, the Clinical Leader manages OneCall Central. This position is responsible for coordinating day to day operations as well as anticipating future needs. The Clinical Leader serves as a nursing resource, role model and frontline leader while managing daily operations and staff. This position shares fiscal responsibility with the Access and Flow Manager. The Clinical Leader works collaboratively with the medical director, all programs and units provided services by OneCall Central, nursing administrators, nursing unit leaders and charge nurses, and service line leaders to achieve program and organization goals related to patient access and flow.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Program for Nursing. A Bachelor of Science or Nursing degree required.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a registered nurse as required by the state of Maine. Professional certification preferred. Examples include: Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) and Certification in Critical Care Nursing (CCRN).
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years' RN experience in progressively responsible leadership roles.
- In depth and up to date knowledge of Emergency or Critical Care nursing practice.
- Identifies improvement opportunities in work processes and contributes/leads the implementation of improvements.
- Ability to engage and influence staff to complete work in accordance with department and hospital goals and policy.
- Subject matter experts (SME) of department's functions while consistently modeling high standards of practice, accountability and professional attitude.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with medical staff, external customers and a wide variety of hospital employees.
- Physical abilities necessary to fulfill the role of a clinical nurse.
- Ability to concentrate and make rapid and sound decisions in an environment that is often stressful.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.