The Director, Health Care Training and Development partners with HR leadership, talent acquisition, operational leaders, and other stakeholders to design, develop and implement the organization-wide training and development strategy to achieve key business outcomes through developing leaders, maximizing employee engagement and retention, and developing organizational leaders. These programs leverage content areas such as: performance management and enhancement, organizational culture, leadership development, and/or assessment programs to develop people into exceptional leaders.
- In partnership with the HR team, leadership, and other stakeholders, the Director, Health Care Training and Development will build and lead a wide variety of talent management & development initiatives including organizational design, organizational development, performance management, retention, engagement, and succession planning strategies, workforce planning, professional growth and development, and more.
- Design and manage leadership development programming for people managers to gain greater insights and lead across the enterprise in a diverse setting with diverse employee populations; will utilize evidence-based, hands-on, experiential approaches to engage leaders in active, intentional and ongoing leadership development.
- Set priorities for leadership development and define required outcomes that advance the organization's strategy; specify and manage data collection and analysis to inform leadership development needs.
- Oversee the development and execution of the organization's engagement and retention initiatives to increase organizational and individual performance
- Direct the design of integrated talent management solutions including coaching, talent reviews, succession planning, and leadership development
- Designs, develops, and delivers training via a broad range of instructional methods including live webinar, web-based/online learning, blended learning and curriculum packaging, classroom sessions and other team learning requests using design principles and standards
- Oversee the design and management of the performance evaluation process
- Provide expert level guidance on initial management/leadership training, continuing training for management/leadership, basic HR training programs, and other employee training and development initiatives
- Assist leaders and managers in translating engagement survey data into meaningful feedback and developing action plans as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, human resources, organizational development, psychology, instructional design, or related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Learning and Development, Organizational Development, or Talent Management
- Ability to have a deep understanding of talent and culture principles and practices, particularly in the areas of respective talent program team (performance management, assessments, talent strategy and culture, leadership development, etc.)
- Ability to interpret data to evaluate the effectiveness of talent programs and projects, and act as a solution-oriented leader
- Strong project and program design capabilities with proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong consultative, project management, analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Three years of experience in a healthcare environment demonstrating a broad understanding of the human resources issues related to the health care industry preferred.
- Experience building and leading teams
- Experience in curriculum design and instruction preferred.
- Experience in a large academic or complex health system preferred.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and education verification.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.