Waldo County General Hospital is currently seeking a full time Nurse Manager for Perioperative Services to join their leadership team!
Sign-on Bonus up to $10,000, relocation assistance and loan forgiveness programs available for qualified candidates!
(Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible and must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months.)
As a member of the Perioperative Services Leadership team, the Nurse Manager works under the supervision of the CHA Director of Perioperative Services to provide leadership, administrative support and clinical oversight for perioperative departments including Sterile Processing, Operating Rooms, Day Surgery and PACU. The Nurse Manager has responsibility for effectively facilitating the daily operations within the Preoperative Services, including staffing, scheduling, evaluations and coaching. The Nurse Manager works in collaboration with surgeons, physician practices, departmental leaders and other professional colleagues to optimize resources and deliver care utilizing professional standards and best practices. The Nurse Manager is a vital link between the CHA mission and how we deliver care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Master’s Degree in Nursing or other health-related field preferred.
- License/Certifications: Licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Maine required, BSN required or entry into BSN program within 6 months of hire and completion within 2 years; Current American Heart Association certifications in BLS and ACLS required. CNOR preferred.
- Experience: Surgical experience required; previous management experience preferred.
- Affiliation with Association of Operating Room Nurses required.
- Affiliation with Organization of Maine Nurse Executives preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers. Regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, employees, customers and/or boards of directors.
- Experience with Epic and/or Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills and accountability.
- Articulates elements of professional practice and demonstrates:
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and Patient and Family Centered Care
- Understanding of teamwork and collaboration
- Effective verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge of process improvement and sound safety strategies
- Competence with computer applications