At Maine Medical Partners, we recognize that our success is driven by the talent, skills and dedication of every member of our organization. We empower our employees by promoting personal responsibility, and encouraging creative thinking and innovation. We have a dynamic, growing team, and our commitment to quality and service throughout the organization is the perfect environment to put your medical practice skills to work.
Exciting vascular surgical practice with IAC accredited vascular laboratory is seeking a full-time RVT registered candidate specializing in Vascular Ultrasound to join our staff of 6 technologists. Qualified candidates will perform carotid dopplers, segmental pressures, bypass graft surveillance and venous examinations.
Vascular experience or registered RVT preferred.
An exciting and rewarding experience awaits you!
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Degree in sonography/vascular technology from an accredited school. Graduation from an accredited Vascular Technology program with RVT credentials required.
- License/Certifications: Registered Vascular Technician credentials required. Current BLS certification.
- Experience: Minimum two years' practice or hospital vascular/ultrasound experience. Minimum of 3+ years' experience as Vascular Technologist with at least 1 year in a hospital setting. Experience dealing with Q/A and accreditation programs preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, instrumentation, patient care and medical ethics.
- Skill in performing mathematical and scientific calculations.
- Ability to explain technical procedures and results to patients in user-friendly manner.
- Knowledge of safety, infection control, quality assurance and confidentiality regulations.
- Knowledge of crash cart emergency procedures and contents and proper response to emergency situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.