MaineHealth Care at Home is seeking a Per-Diem Social Worker (LCSW, LMSW) to provide skilled, cost effective social work care in a competent holistic manner for a designated group of patients, through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of social work care, to empower patients and families to achieve maximum levels of wellness and independence.
MaineHealth Care at Home offers a wide range of home health services and programs for adults. Whether the patients is recovering from illness or injury, or has a long-term condition, MaineHealth Care at home provides skilled medical care in the comfort of home. We enable adult patients to stay independent and right where they want to be: at home.
As a Social Worker, you will:
- Provide initial and ongoing assessments of psychosocial status. Provides counseling or interventions by utilizing the plan of care; develops and updates plan in consultation with the physician, other team members and family.
- Assists patient, family and other team members in understanding the social and emotional factors related to health problems, self-care techniques and prevention strategies.
- Provides the patient and family with information regarding community resources.
Primarily working in Knox County, but on occasion may need to travel to Lincoln or Waldo County.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Graduate of a Masters Program in Social Work with one of the following:
- LCSW certification requires two years of professional level experience; or
- LMSW certification requires one year of professional level experience.
- State of Maine licensure as an LMSW or LCSW.
- Current, valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle, with vehicle available for work covered by liability insurance as specified by agency policy.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers.