Jennie Edmundson Memorial Hosp
933 E Pierce,Council Bluffs, IA
Full Time, Day Shift, 8:00-4:30 Monday-Friday, No weekends, No Holidays
- Purpose of Job
- Provides broad clerical support to department/work area; generally supports managerial /service lead personnel in department functions and projects.
- Transcribes medical dictation to ensure accurate and complete medical records.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Additional coursework in clerical or administrative support preferred.
- Classes in anatomy and physiology helpful.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years clerical experience, preferably in a healthcare environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills necessary to provide service excellence through verbal and written communication.
- Skills and knowledge in order to prepare reports, perform calculations, keep records, and deal effectively with people.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer applications.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and principles of record keeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.
- Not neccessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.