Req #: 24617
Jennie Edmundson Memorial Hosp
933 E Pierce,Council Bluffs, IA
Full Time, Day Shift, 7:30a-4:00p
- Purpose of Job
- The Director of Imaging shall manage and direct the daily operation of assigned areas and staff. Develop, implement, maintain and enforce departmental programs, policies, procedures and protocols. Ensure and maintain required documentation for compliance with safety, environmental and infection control standards and with local, state, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), American College of Radiology (ACR), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations. Monitor compliance with standards, identify variances or inabilities to meet established targets and implement action to ensure that targets are met.
- Job Requirements
- Associate's degree with certification related to imaging (e.g. ARRT, ARDMS) or Bachelor's degree in health-related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience including 3 years supervisory experience required.
- Current licensure and/or certification from an accredited school as identified above including Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography (R) or Certified Nuclear Medical Technologist (CNMT) required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is preferred.
- Able to organize and perform multiple tasks, problem-solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with hospital personnel, patients, co-workers, the public, the medical staff and the management team.
- Ability to mentor, supervise, delegate and evaluate.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Smart Growth
- Effectively analyzes problems
- Anticipates consequences
- Is action oriented - takes initiative
- Secures the organizations long-term ability to serve
- Implements smart systems for better utilization of resources
- Participative Decision Maker by demonstrating a desire to make an important contribution
- Support NMH College of Allied Health Promoting of Imaging Services internally and externally.
- Liaison for referring physicians, patients and families.
- Continually enhancing the customer's experience at all Methodist Health System locations.
- Community networking.
- Regular site visits for all campus locations.
- Heightened Focus on Efficiency
- Develops detailed project/task plans.
- Determines priorities/appropriately allocates resources.
- Procures resources needed to work effectively.
- Delegate authority when appropriate.
- Identifies potential problems.
- Analyzes root causes of problems.
- Considers relevant issues before action, including effect on all parts of the organization.
- Acts promptly and decisively.
- Develops enthusiasm for day-to-day tasks.
- Encourages calculated risks to achieve important objectives.
- Recognizes special contributions/rewards excellence.
- Maintains good working relationships outside own area of responsibility.
- Clearly articulates and supports organization and department policies.
- Articulates information in a clear and timely manner.
- Hold regular department meetings and keep minutes.
- Meet required deadlines, i.e. complete variance reports in the time frame set.
- Improves patient care/customer service and fosters personal responsibility
- Age Specific Criteria
- Seizes opportunities to improve unit performance.
- Sets an example with personal behavior/commitment to high standards.
- Takes responsibility for difficult, controversial decisions.
- Acknowledges decision/plan not working.
- Keeps promises/honors commitments.
- Provides clear performance expectations even with difficult messages.
- Follows through on ideas/concerns.
- Consults with supervisor and other affected parties before making major changes.
- Listens to concerns without getting defensive.
- Creates a comfortable environment for giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands both content and intent of what is communicated.
- Aware of how decision making affects other areas in the organization.
- Catalyst - selects the right people to serve our patients/customers
- Uses organization criteria for job selection.
- Identifies/leverages others' unique strengths when assigning tasks.
- Provides opportunities to develop skills.
- Provides extra instruction or coaching by one-to-one mentoring.
- Prevents high-impact staff departures when possible.
- Identifies candidates for succession planning and prepares candidates for promotional opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and resolves conflict.
- Is fair in negotiating solutions to conflict.
- Facilitates open communication and joint decision-making.
- Effectively develops pride in unit achievements.
- Is sympathetic/supportive.
- Uses tact and sensitivity.
- Aware of how area of responsibility affects others.
- Perform RN performance evaluations and/or corrective action in cooperation with Radiology RN liaison.
- Is present for all engagements and punctual.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.