The Nurse Manager has 24-hour accountability for the provision of nursing services on their unit. S/he is responsible for maintaining systems and procedures that will ensure quality patient care, promote cost effectiveness, educate and support competent nursing practice. The Nurse Manager skills entail coaching, motivating and leading a professional team to provide safe and effective care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing desired. Masters in Nursing preferred.
- License/Certifications: Current registered nurse licensure by the Maine State Board of Nursing. Certification in Nursing leadership is desired.
- Experience: Minimum of three years' knowledge and experience in Management preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills required.
- Extensive interaction with physicians, intra- and interdepartmental staff members, patient and family members, office staff and professional organizations outside the hospital setting.
- Visual and mental concentration required for updating policies and practices, performance reviews and coordinating scheduling needs.