Cuyuna Regional Medical Center (CRMC) seeks a dynamic, experienced, and strategic leader as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead this innovative, high-tech hospital. The Chief Executive Officer reports to and is accountable to the Governing Board of Directors. The CEO provides leadership and guidance to the executive team when reviewing and approving policies and procedures, solving problems, managing conflict, maintaining ethical standards, and ensuring practices that promote safety and quality. The CEO functions with authority from the Governing Board of Directors and is involved in all decisions within the responsibilities of the position.
The CEO has the following direct reports:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Medical Officer
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Senior Services Administrator
The CEO has interrelationships with the Board of Directors, Senior Executive Team and department managers, employees, medical staff and other health care providers, community leaders, city officials, public, media, legislators, community, and professional organizations. Under the final authority of the Board of Directors, the CEO is given authority to implement policy, commit resources within the authorized budget, direct personnel, and direct the operations of Cuyuna Regional Medical Center. This position has principal accountability for decisions and actions of the organization, having a critical impact on the continued success and growth of Cuyuna Regional Medical Center.
The new CEO of Cuyuna Regional Medical Center must demonstrate meaningful progress in several key areas. They are not listed in any order of priority.
- Become a trusted, respected and highly visible leader within Cuyuna Regional Medical Center as well as the region served by CRMC.
- Assure the Board of Directors has a clear understanding of its governance role and members are contributing to the strategic direction of CRMC. Provide governance educational opportunities to continue to enhance member participation.
- Develop a highly engaged and accountable team inspired by the mission and vision of CRMC.
- Develop a high degree of trust and respect within the physician community at CRMC through creative, personal ways of relating to them individually. Identify opportunities for growth and service enhancement. Create avenues/opportunities for primary care, surgeons, and specialties to work together to develop a more unified physician culture.
- Ensure there is clear direction for the organization. Employees at all levels can articulate the vision and are engaged and energized around their contribution to the patient experience.
- The CEO is a visible, servant leader with a demonstrated commitment to CRMC and staff. The culture is one of excitement and optimism, and CRMC is an employer of choice.
- Manage the strategic planning process and assure strategic initiatives are clearly stated and understood, and there is a sense of team around meeting goals and objectives.
- Maintain CRMC independence while building additional partnerships. Develop and articulate a vision that will position CRMC to continue to expand services beyond its current regional
- Drive efforts to ensure a positive bottom line by continuing to evaluate and refine operational efficiencies balanced against the organization’s ability to fulfill its mission, vision, and strategic goals within a changing healthcare environment.
- Foster a positive environment that strengthens colleague engagement, employee pride and professional growth, building on a commitment to ensure a capable and diverse workforce. Demonstrate a strong commitment to coaching, mentoring and development.
- Increase public awareness of the vast array of specialty services provided by CRMC and clinics.
- Research opportunities with telemedicine in addition to our eICU to enhance and expand services provided to a high acuity ICU patient population and ventilator patients and to support Respiratory Therapy and Critical Care physicians.
- Identify need and develop plan to recruit and retain additional medical staff to support CRMC.
- Improve overall patient satisfaction scores and continue advancing efforts towards value-based purchasing.
• Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or closely related
field is required.
• FACHE certification preferred.
• Executive level healthcare leadership experience required.
• Surgical driven hospital experience.
• Critical access, rural healthcare, non-profit, and Joint Commission accredited hospital
• Experience in long-term care and senior services a plus.
• Studer Leadership program experience a plus.