R2 is a fast paced, acute 37 bed medical telemetry unit that provides exceptional care to a diverse and complex adult medical patient population with a focus on Stroke patients. MMC is recognized by the Joint Commission as a Comprehensive Stroke center and the team of R2 is proud to be integral in the care of this patient population.
R2 clinical nursing team includes bright, innovative professionals looking to hold themselves and others to the highest nursing and care standards. Our nurses, patient care technicians, and CNAs exemplify analytic ability to identify patient needs, risks, and interventions. We provide excellent customer service to patients and families at their current health states and learning abilities. As a team, we continually demonstrate exceptional communication abilities, always effectively interacting and problem solving with other healthcare professionals, hospital administration, patients and families.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining completion within five years of hire.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Experience: As this is an entry-level position, experience as an RN is not required.
- Basic knowledge of the research base, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify changes in patients' conditions and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse I who meets or exceeds all of the Clinical Nurse I criteria and requirements at the 12 month performance evaluation date, will be appointed to the Clinical Nurse II position by the Nursing Director.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.