For a limited time this position is eligible for up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
- The sign-on bonus is prorated for part-time positions.
- Paid 1/3 at hire, 1/3 after 6 months, after 1 year.
- Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible.
- Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months.
To administer all Cardiopulmonary Services in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Waldo County General Hospital. To provide specified job related clerical duties and utilize respiratory therapy expertise in order to work collaboratively with physicians and other health care staff members. Function as part of the patient health care team with staff from other departments involving patient care activities. Assist the department manager with in-services and public relations activities.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate from AMA approved school of Respiratory Therapy.
- License/Certifications: State of Maine Respiratory Therapy License
- RRT licensure preferred and required for candidates with less than 5 years of experience
- CRTT licensed candidates must have greater than 5 years of experience
- BLS required
- ACLS Strongly preferred
- Experience: One year of acute care experience preferred. See also 'License/Certifications"
- Availability to work any shift as needed; be available to take call on a regular basis.
- Willing and motivated to learn and perform all modes of therapy that are provided by Cardiopulmonary.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and educational programs to keep abreast of the latest trends in the field of expertise.
- Smoking cessation class within the first year of employment.
- Willing to travel to PBMC as needed to provide coverage.