For a limited time MMC is offering up to $20,000 Sign on bonus for all eligible experienced Nurses!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time MMC RN position on or after 08/20/20 and have greater than 3 years (36 months) of RN work experience. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Bonus is paid out in three installments – First month of employment, completion of one year of employment and completion of 2nd year of employment. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
This position is for a Clinical Nurse II in the Electrophysiology Lab. The Electrophysiology (EP) Nurse will utilize a combination of training, assessment and technical skills in the accomplishment of their duties in the EP Labs. Work is performed with considerable independence. Accurate record keeping and attention to detail are essential. Candidate MUST have at least 1+ years’ experience with cardiology to be considered.
The EP Lab Nurse is required to:
- Scrub and assist in the performance of diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic electrophysiology procedures
- Use hemodynamic monitoring equipment to constantly evaluate the patient's hemodynamic status, electrocardiograms and vital signs.
- Provide conscious sedation throughout EP procedures as well as recovery from anesthesia post procedure
- Operate EP related equipment
**This position is full time, working CORE hours of 3(12) hour days, in which weekends or holidays are not required. There are times that this person and their team would be expected to stay after scheduled hours to complete any procedure which could possibly go later than scheduled, to finish up the day’s cases. In this role, there are no on-call requirements.
- The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining completion within five years of hire.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
- Experience: Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Demonstrates a caring nursing practice and promotes a healing environment for patients and families.
- Demonstrates the required knowledge and technical skills to care for most patient populations on the unit.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.