- The Care Management Associate (CMA) works under the direction of care managers and care management social workers to support the interdisciplinary healthcare team members across the continuum.
- The CMA will help to coordinate; payer communication, transition plan implementation, delivery of patient documentation and other duties in support of care management departmental functions.
- The CMA demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and can identify each patient's age specific needs.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school education/GED preferred with 3 years previous medical experience or 1 year with advanced degree.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Experience with community resources or insurance companies desirable. See also "Education"
- Understanding of medical terminology and medical diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize work and work productively in a team structure, with and without direct supervision.
- Requires initiative, to exercise considerable judgment in making adequate decisions regarding patient care plans and patient progress through the continuum.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.