Sr., Medical Assistant-Oncology Services Clinic (Fulltime Days)
Date: Aug 4, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Non Clinical Jobs
Shift Type: Day
Requisition ID: 352361
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Provides communication and clerical support to patients and clinical staff and performs specified patient care activities under the direction of the assigned clinical supervisor to facilitate the effective operation of outpatient clinics, and ensure that Parkland's financial viability is secured at the most basic level.
- Must have completed training through an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Must have three years of front physician office experience.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job. from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass the Medical Assistant Examination prior to employment with a minimum score of 83%.
- Must be familiar with diagnostic ICD-9-CM coding and HCPCS-CPT-4 procedure codes.
- Must score 85% on pre-employment spelling test.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of personal computers, medical software, and other standard office equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and Parkland staff. Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and be professional in both appearance and approach.
- Must be detail oriented, possess basic mathematical skills, and have sharp analytical skills to resolve registration issues as they relates to multiple groups including third party payors, physicians, patients and Parkland.
- Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to solve problems within the guidelines of established policies and procedures.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Basic medical terminology knowledge preferred.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Clinic, Medical Assistant, Clerical, Healthcare, Administrative