Per Diem Opportunity
This is a very active position, supporting all areas.
Responsible for the flow of patients throughout the hospital
Responsible for coordination of inpatient admissions and adjusting resources to meet patient needs as needs and demands change.
The Patient Flow Coordinator is responsible for leadership and direction of all personnel in the delivery of quality patient care based on SMHC standards as written in the SMHC Mission Statement. The Patient Flow Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership in the hospital environment and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care teams to direct patient care and ensure optimal patient outcomes, utilizing existing resources. This position reports directly to the Float Pool Manager.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine required. ACLS certification required within 1 year of becoming a Patient Flow Coordinator. BLS required.
- Experience: Minimum of five years' recent acute care experience. Three years of experience in hospital admissions or related environment preferred. Experience in effective day-to-day oversight of clinical staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, decisive judgment, and decision-making.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and effective leadership skills with the ability to work well within a team environment by accepting and offering honest and constructive feedback.
- Ability to be objective and impartial to make decisions based on the needs of the whole hospital.