Qualified candidates may be eligible for a minimum sign-on incentive of $5,000 based on years of experience!
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse in the Main Operating Room to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Participates in projects/committees for enhanced functioning of the unit and supports unit level decision-making.
- Surgically scrub into cases in the Operating Room.
- Document surgical cases within Epic Optime.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of an interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff and the ongoing education of personnel, as directed by the Nurse Manager or designee.
- Applies quality improvement principals to improve patient outcomes.
- Adheres to UIHC policies regarding personal conduct, including: follows established leadership, remaining responsive to instruction and coaching from supervisors and meeting the standards of personal appearance, attendance and punctuality.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Rotating eight hour shifts between 3:00 p.m. through 11:30 p.m. with additional on-call shifts, scheduled weekends, and rotating holidays
Location: John Colloton Pavilion (JCP)
Rotations: Evening shifts Monday through Friday with additional on-call shifts and occasional weekends
Salary: $52,965.00 per year to commensurate *This does not include inpatient or shift differentials
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan
All positions will require an orientation schedule of eight hour day shifts, primarily Monday through Friday day shifts.
REFERENCES: Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process.
Please attach an updated resume/CV as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check
- An Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions.
- General computer skills are required.
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired.
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures is desired.