The Social Worker provides support and counseling to patients and families in dealing with the impact of illness, disability and episodes of care during hospitalization. Assists the health team in understanding the significance of social, economic, emotional and family factors in relation to the patient’s illness, treatment, recovery or dying processes. Facilitates psychosocial assessment, support and advocacy to facilitate positive coping, counseling, crisis intervention, case coordination, education, discharge planning and information and referral. Anticipates potential barriers to discharge planning and consults with the health care team to problem solve and makes referrals to community sources. Assists the health care team in understanding the significance of psychosocial factors in relation to the patient’s response to illness, injury or hospitalization. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
• Social workers who are required by clinical assignment to psychiatrically diagnosis or engage in the practice of psychotherapy shall have a minimum of 4000 hours of post-graduate clinical social mental health professional as defined by Minnesota statute.
• Three + years of Acute Care and Medical/Surgical social services experience preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience; demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families, guests, and all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, EMR documentation, etc.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work or licensed as a Social Worker in the State of Minnesota (for BSW only) required.
• Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited school of social work or Masters Degree in a related human service program preferred.
• LICSW require credentialing through credential office (For LICSW only)
Employment Type (feed only)
Part Time (Regular)