The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing compassionate quality care that is patient and family focused. The RN assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents care of patients according to hospital and care center policies and standards of professional nursing practices. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered. The RN defines, implements, and improves practice standards and environment of care while promoting exceptional patient care. Duties may vary based on the assigned patient care center which may include differences in the required specific clinical skills. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assesses care needs of patients and families utilizing the nursing process; determines nursing diagnosis focused on care and identifies patient outcomes; develops patient care plan; implements and continuously evaluates the care plan; ensures patients are discharged with resolved educational needs.
2. Develops care plan and interventions based on available evidence/research data.
3. Partners with patients, families, peers, and other care providers to deliver continuity of patient care.
4. Evaluates safety, effectiveness, availability, and cost when opting between practice options that will deliver the same patient outcome.
5. Delegates tasks per the expectations defined by the state nurse practice act based on the knowledge, skills and abilities of the designated caregiver.
6. Identifies and responds promptly to emergency situations.
7. Serves as an advocate for patients, families, peers, and other care providers.
8. Evaluates quality and effectiveness of care provided to the patient and promotes quality improvement and shared accountability. Participates in care center based and hospital quality improvement initiatives.
9. Pursues own professional development and supports developmental activities of employees.
10. Participates in orientation, education and development programs for self and others as appropriate.
11. Contributes to the financial effectiveness of the hospital by working within defined budget parameters and providing input to the budget process.
12. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
13. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
Employment Type (feed only)
Part Time (Regular)