The Environmental Services Aide is responsible for providing a clean and safe environment for patients, families, employees, and guests. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains a clean and safe environment in the areas including but not limited to: Intensive Care Center (ICC), Family Birth Center, Therapies, Surgical Services (SS), Emergency Care Center (ECC), and Imaging to include patient rooms, public areas, nurses’ stations, utility rooms, general offices, and public and private bathrooms.
2. Cleans assigned areas by high dusting, trash and soiled linen collection, disinfects and sanitizes hard surface areas and bathrooms, mops floors, vacuums, and spot washes carpets, walls and windows. Operates floor cleaning equipment for cleaning of corridors.
3. Ensures timely turnover of patient rooms by cleaning and remaking beds upon patient discharge or room transfer.
4. Handles and disposes of waste including bio-hazardous materials, sharps containers, linens, and recyclable materials.
5. Maintains supplies in patient and public areas to include disposable gloves, hand soap, sanitizers and paper products.
6. Routinely tours facility ensuring a clean and safe environment; addresses and corrects areas not meeting hospital standards as needed.
7. Responds to customer concerns; resolves concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
8. Maintains required department documentation.
9. Partners with team members to ensure proper coverage of all areas.
10. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
11. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
12. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to supervisor or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
• Housekeeping experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to handle chemicals safely.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Employment Type (feed only)
Part Time (Regular)